10 Ways and Examples Media Affects Me:
1. I dress the way I do and know the latest fashion trends because I see styles in magazines and on the internet.
2. I feel pressured to have a perfect bikini body because all the celebrities and famous people have “perfect” bodies and I feel that other girls and boys will judge me if I don’t look the same way.
3. I feel like I have to wear a lot of face makeup everyday because people will make fun of me for having bad skin. Everyone I know has clear skin and I feel like people won’t like me if I don’t cover it up.
4. I feel like I have to drive a new car because people judged me for driving an older car that wasn’t as nice as theirs.
5. I do my makeup a certain way because I watch youtube videos that show me how the “right” way is. I try to imitate how celebrities do their makeup because maybe I’ll look prettier.
6. I listen to the mainstream pop, hiphop, and rap music because those are the songs that win awards and the celebrities who sing them are the famous ones. Everybody likes them so so do I.
7. I feel like I have to have an iPhone because everybody has one and society makes them seem like the best choice of phone. People make fun of others for not having an iPhone.
8. I started drinking Coke because of all the advertisements and the media makes it seem like the best cola.
9. I am pressured to eat healthier by everyone in my life, they think I eat too much junk food when I don’t think I do. The media pressures me to eat better to be skinnier but I will eat whatever I want to.
10. I am pressured into dating and being in a relationship. I’m fine with being single, but media portrays single people as depressed and lonely. I am happy with being single and I don’t need a man in my life to be happy.
Where do you spend the majority of your time?
I spend most of my time sleeping.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
It is a good because you need a lot of sleep to function and have a lot of energy.
What could you do to improve this area to make your quality of life even better?
I could make sure I don’t sleep more than 10 hours a night, and make sure I go to sleep at a reasonable time and wake up fairly early. I should try to stop myself from waking up so many times throughout the night.
What surprised you about the totals of where you spend your time?
I realized that I do relatively the same thing everyday. Since I work a lot more than the average teenager, I need to make sure I make enough time for family and friends.
How many hours did you spend with family?
I spent 2 hours and 35 minutes with my family. I am always home when my family is sleeping so I don’ t get much time to visit.
Who is raising YOU?
The media and the friends/people I surround myself with is raising me. I rarely spend time with my family because I am very independent.
How do you think your media profile stacks up against other teenagers your age? Find someone and review their profile…
I have less free time compared to other teenagers. I work more and spend less time with my family. I don’t spend as much time on social media compared to others. I party/go out the same amount or more than others.
What was noticeable different? Why do you think?
The amount of time I work is noticeably different.
What was the same?
I went shopping the same amount and played with my pets the same amount.